• 56c4fb8295b1cfce15d4d5d974ecbfc4

Healthier Creamy Rice Pudding (Senior Citizens)

Total Fat 2.1 g 3% Saturated fat 1.2 g 6% Cholesterol 8 mg 2% Sodium 140 mg 5% Potassium 166 mg 4% Total Carbohydrate 27 g 9%

Prep
Cook
Serves 4people
Ingredients
1 1/2
cups water
3/4
cup uncooked brown rice
1 1/2
cups low-fat milk
1/3
cup white sugar
1/4
tsp salt
1/2
cup low-fat milk
1
egg, beaten
2/3
cup raisins
1
tbsp butter
1/2
tsp vanilla extract
Directions
1.
Combine water and rice over high heat in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 45 minutes.
2.
Combine cooked rice, 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar, and salt in a clean saucepan. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15 to 20 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk, beaten egg, and raisins. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in butter and vanilla extract. Serve warm.

Recipes we also love...

Recipes We Also Love

Recipe has been added
This Recipe Is Already In
Recipe has been added
This Recipe Is Already In
Recipe has been added
This Recipe Is Already In
Recipe has been added
This Recipe Is Already In
Recipe has been added
This Recipe Is Already In

From the Cookbook Create Blog

Give the Most Memorable Gift, Ever

Cookbook Create gift certificates are personal and unique. They allow your loved one to make exactly the book they want with all of their favorite recipes.

Give the Gift